SOLAR DE LALÈM
Estrada de São Pedro, 9625-391 Maia. Show Map
Solar de Lalém, meaning Manor House above the village, is an historic, aristocratic property that was a residence for captains of the King of Portugal in the 17th century. It is set in splendid scenery, between
the typical green hills of São Miguel and the Atlantic coast, near the small village of Maia.
In the fifteenth century, colonizers were attracted to the area because of the beautiful, fertile countryside. The oldest part of residence, the Chapel, is dedicated to São Sebastião. It was built in 1687
and has been preserved in its original condition.
The entrance to Solar de Lalém was constructed in 1742 and the house,fully renovated and enlarged. It was completed in 1850.