Day 1- 3
Transfer from the airport on São Miguel Island to the 5* Furnas Boutique Hotel (approximately 50 minutes away) then relax, take in the laid back SPA Town of Furnas with its many walking routes and the tranquil Terra Nostra Garden with its 12 hectare botanical garden.
Why not try a therapeutic massage and take a plunge in one of the towns volcanically heated hot springs.
Don't miss the legendary Cozido Lunch! (Meat and vegetables slow cooked for 6-8 hours inside a volcanic vent). The tastes, smell and textures will excite your senses.
A morning collection from the hotel, where you'll be whisked away for your guided tour of Lagoa do Fogo. With its breathtaking views over the volcanic crater lake and the botanical gardens and hot springs of 'Caldeira Velha' it's one of the highlights of this lush green island. (Lunch and transfers to the 5* Azor Hotel in Ponta Delgada is Included)
Spare day to explore the historic town of Ponta Delgada with its old fort, churches and lively marina.
Jump onboard and join other sea adventures for an unforgettable half day Whale and Dolphin watching experience. In the company of a professional team of skippers, biologists and lookouts, you’ll have the opportunity to observe around 27 different species of whales and dolphins that visit the Azores throughout the year.
A spare day all to yourselves to explore some of the other breathtaking locations on this island. For example Sete Cidades one of the 7 wonders of Portugal; with its huge volcanic crater and iridescent green and blue lakes.
Prices from €613pp
Price is based on 2 people sharing and includes:
- 3 nights accommodation and breakfast at the 5* Furnas Boutique Hotel.
- 4 nights accommodation and breakfast at the 5* AZOR Hotel, Ponta Delgada.
- Airport and accommodation transfers.
- 1 x full day Lagoa do Fogo private jeep tour (Including lunch).
- 1/2 day Whale and Dolphin Watching Boat Trip.
- Full package itinerary (Prior to your arrival).
- Liability Insurance.
- Other free day activities.
- Other meals and refreshments not described in the package details above.
- Travel insurance and flights.